We are now taking room bookings from 23rd June!
Hello! We assume you’re here because you want to know more about the spaces we have available for hire. So, in a nutshell, we have two rooms which you can read more about below, which are FREE to hire. If the room is not reserved it is made available to other customers, so we need to make sure we’re doing the right thing reserving it. Essentially we need you to spend a bit of money over the bar in advance or on the night, so below you can read the requirements.
MAP ROOM…Capacity: 17 seated/20 standing comfortably (without social distancing)
Best used for: Meetings, baby showers, tasting sessions
- The rule of 6 means right now we can only accept bookings for the Map room of 6 people or 2 households. If you are booking in advance (ie when we hope restrictions will be lifted) and expect more people, please book as 6 and email to let us know how many people to expect.
- From September, we assume restrictions will be lifted, so we will return to 10 people minimum requirement to book the room. For dates from 1st September you must enter a number between 10 and 20 to show the option to book the room.
- Note that the system will only book the room for 2 hours, you must email to let us know how long you would like it for (e.g. all night until close) and any helpful details about the event, including whether you’ll be having food 🙂
- A week before the event finalise any food or drink requirements with us via email.
- The room is in high demand, currently on evenings and weekends there is a £50 charge for no show.
- Ready to book? USE OUR ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM
BOSTA ROOM…Capacity: 40 seated/80 standing (without social distancing)
Best used for: Private parties, Wedding receptions (Mon – Fri hire the rest of the floor, total capacity 120) Conferences, Comedy shows, you get the idea…
- There are 4 slots you can book for, to book online you need to enter the following time and for 40 people for the option to appear if it’s available:
- weekdays between midday and 5pm (enter 12:00 for 40 people) – no min spend requirement
- weekends between 10am and 5pm (enter 10:00 for 40 people) – £200 minimum spend requirement*
- evenings between 5pm until we close (enter 17:00 for 40 people) – Weekdays £200/weekends £750 minimum spend requirement*
- weekend evenings between 7pm until we close (enter 19:00 for 40 people) £500 minimum spend requirement*
- Once you have booked the slot, it is important that you email to let us know:
- your actual arrival and estimated leaving time
- the actual number of guests you’re expecting
- whether you’ll be eating
- Any other details you think would be helpful for us to know e.g. we’re bringing a cake 🙂
- Make sure you have read the Terms and Conditions when booking, they contain some specific to the Bosta room including charges for no show/breakage
- A week before the event finalise any buffet or discounted bundle drink (see info below) requirements with us via email and we will provide you bank details for payment or arrange to take card payment over the phone. We will also need to know what time you would like any food or drinks served.
- * The minimum spend requirement is a guide to the absolute minimum we would expect you to spend on the night or in advance. e.g. If 30 people have 3-4 drinks each that covers £500 spend, but we would hope for 40 people and to put on a buffet for you etc. We are proud to be able to offer this space for special occasions and facilitate meetings in the city centre, but please remember that the room hire is free and if it wasn’t booked out it would be full of other customers. We trust you to support us and expect mutual respect.
- See the calendar below for availability. Ready to book? USE OUR ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM
- We can move out tables and chairs on and around the stage if you need more standing space
- We are proud to lease and look after this beautiful old building, however unfortunately it has no wheelchair access for upstairs. If you need to reserve a space downstairs please email
- We love dogs but we can’t assume that all our customers would be happy to eat next to one, or sit on a seat previously occupied by your furry friend. Therefore we took the difficult decision not to allow dogs other than guide dogs into the building.
The food and drink offers
- You are welcome to bring your own celebration cake, all other food must be bought from us.
- You can download our buffet menu here
- We can provide a Tea urn and biscuits for an advance payment of £3 a head
- If you prepay for 5 bottles of anything (Beer, Prosecco etc) you get the 6th FREE (see our drinks menu or regular menu, which includes soft drinks, on the food & drink page)
- Parties of more than 10, please have a buffet
- If you order from the menu it will go in the queue with other orders, we have a small kitchen. We do not take preorders.
- We ask that you provide final numbers and pay for the buffet/drinks at least 7 days before your event
- In the Map room we can switch off the music for meetings, but there is no facility to play your own
- There is box in the Bosta room on the stage to enable you to plug in: an ipod or laptop with a headphone jack (we provide the cable); 2 microphones; a PA directly into our speakers for small gigs (we do not provide any equipment like microphones, you would need to bring these)
- Please note that due to planning conditions any amplified music must be played through our speakers/limiter
- Our rooms are free to hire, no equipment such as TVs, Projectors or microphones are included. You can hire equipment to be delivered here at any time but we will not sign to accept liability.
You are welcome to decorate however you’d like, in some circumstances we allow decorations to be put up on the walls early to save time for you later. Please avoid sellotape, confetti and stickers or you will be charged a damage fee.
We cannot have anyone drinking outside after 11pm. We have no restrictions on children attending, but they must be accompanied by an adult at all times after 7pm. We do not cater for 18ths or under 18 gigs. We serve up until 11pm on weekdays and 1am on Friday and Saturday nights (please check our opening hours will vary at the moment due to curfew and staff shortages, we can stay open later than advertised for parties)
Any other questions?
Please call us or pop in outside of busy food service times, alternatively send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and we will get back to you when we get office time. We are friendly and nice and would love to have you!
Want to see the space in more detail? Our Bosta Room ‘Google Tour’… to see the Map room, leave the Bosta and go past the bar, it is on the left