We are now taking room bookings!
Hello! We assume you’re here because you want to know more about the spaces we have available for hire. So, in a nutshell, we have two rooms which you can read more about below, which are FREE to hire. If the room is not reserved it is made available to other customers, so we need to make sure we’re doing the right thing reserving it. Essentially we need you to spend a bit of money over the bar in advance or on the night, so below you can read the requirements.
MAP ROOM…Capacity: 17 seated/20 standing comfortably (without social distancing)
Best used for: Meetings, baby showers, tasting sessions
- You must enter a minimum of 8 people in the system to book the map room. We are currently allowing smaller groups if you need space for social distancing or for weekday daytime bookings. Book as 8 and put in notes how many of you there are.
- A week before the event finalise any food or drink requirements with us via email.
- There is a £50 charge for no show, you need to enter your card details to book the room.
- Ready to book? Click here for our booking system
BOSTA ROOM…Capacity: 40 seated/80 standing (without social distancing)
Best used for: Private parties, Wedding receptions (Mon – Fri hire the rest of the floor, total capacity 120) Conferences, Comedy shows, you get the idea…
- This Room has a small stage and a cable to allow you to play your own music. Minimum 20 people to book through the system. If you are booking for a weekday daytime please get in touch we may be able to hire it to you for less people at short notice.
- Please note minimum spend requirements:
- weekends between 10am and 5pm – £200 minimum spend requirement*
- evenings 5pm until we close- Weekdays £200/weekends £750 minimum spend requirement*
- weekend evenings 7pm until we close – £500 minimum spend requirement*
- If you do not make the Minimum spend requirement you will be charged £200. If any damage is caused/intense clean up required we will charge according to the damage (e.g confetti use £20-50). We will contact you before making any charges.
- A week before the event finalise any buffet or discounted bundle drink (see info below) requirements with us via email and we will provide you bank details for payment or arrange to take card payment over the phone. We will also need to know what time you would like any food or drinks served.
- * The minimum spend requirement is a guide to the absolute minimum we would expect you to spend on the night or in advance. e.g. If 30 people have 3-4 drinks each that covers £500 spend, but we would hope for 40 people and to put on a buffet for you etc. We are proud to be able to offer this space for special occasions and facilitate meetings in the city centre, but please remember that the room hire is free and if it wasn’t booked out it would be full of other customers.
- Ready to book? Click here for our booking system
- We can move out tables and chairs on and around the stage if you need more standing space, choose ‘dance floor’ option when booking
- We are proud to lease and look after this beautiful old building, however unfortunately it has no wheelchair access for upstairs. If you need to reserve a space downstairs please email
- We love dogs but we can’t assume that all our customers would be happy to eat next to one, or sit on a seat previously occupied by your furry friend. Therefore we took the difficult decision not to allow dogs other than guide dogs into the building.
The food and drink offers
- You are welcome to bring your own celebration cake, all other food must be bought from us.
- You can download our buffet menu here
- We can provide a Tea urn and biscuits for an advance payment of £3 a head
- If you prepay for 5 bottles of anything (Beer, Prosecco etc) you get the 6th FREE (see our drinks menu or regular menu, which includes soft drinks, on the food & drink page)
- If you order from the menu it will go in the queue with other orders, we have a small kitchen. We do not take preorders.
- We ask that you provide final numbers and pay for the buffet/drinks at least 7 days before your event
- In the Map room we can switch off the music for meetings, but there is no facility to play your own
- There is box in the Bosta room on the stage to enable you to plug in: an ipod or laptop with a headphone jack (we provide the cable); 2 microphones via xlr; a PA directly into our speakers for small gigs via xlr (we do not provide any equipment like microphones, you would need to bring these)
- Please note that due to planning conditions any amplified music must be played through our speakers/limiter
- Our rooms are free to hire, no equipment such as TVs, Projectors or microphones are included. You can hire equipment to be delivered here at any time but we will not sign to accept liability.
You are welcome to decorate however you’d like, in some circumstances we allow decorations to be put up on the walls early to save time for you later. Please avoid sellotape, confetti and stickers or you will be charged a damage fee.
We cannot have anyone drinking outside after 11pm. We have no restrictions on children attending, but they must be accompanied by an adult at all times after 7pm. We do not cater for 18ths or under 18 gigs. We serve up until 11pm on weekdays and 1am on Friday and Saturday nights (please check our opening hours will vary at the moment due to curfew and staff shortages, we can stay open later than advertised for parties)
Any other questions?
Please call us or pop in outside of busy food service times, alternatively send an email to email@example.com with any questions and we will get back to you when we get office time. We are friendly and nice and would love to have you!
Want to see the space in more detail? Our Bosta Room ‘Google Tour’… to see the Map room, leave the Bosta and go past the bar, it is on the left